Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday Oct. 23  Another waiting for parts day in Hampton, VA.  With a couple of palm trees outside of this Jamoca Joe's wifi cafe it's not too bad even for a cloudy, rainy day at 60 degrees.  Pouring rain today so time for shower and laundry.  This morning we talked with Steve and Cindy from Red Ranger who live totally on their boat - no land base.  Interesting to hear how they handle all the paper parts of life - bill paying, mail, bank accounts, taxes, etc.  She sews on the boat making quilts, and he does a few IT jobs from their boat.
  Drew spent hours yesterday ordering parts to arrive over the next  couple of days. A few work emails.   My only work was sort of washing down the boat, all windows and topping off the water tank; i.e. not much for go-go me.  Need to find a niche.
   We aren't going up the Potomac because of high winds on the nose if we go north.  I really wanted to sail up to see Mt. Vernon from the river and the picturesque history laden coast.  Sarah and Yeang are in DC this month and we may not be able to see them : (  . . . unless we rent a car and go up there.  We'll see.
  If anyone has good suggestions for good books to read please email or put them in the blog comment.  3 people have been able to use the comment section, others not. 

3 comments:

DandD said...

Looking for the comment section to work.

DandD said...

Appears the comment section works if you just click on no comment or reply

Anna Leijon-Guth said...

Hi Deb, I can leave comments just fine when I do it from my computer, but If I view your blog on my iPhone and try to leave a comment from that one, then it doesn't work. I have the same problem for other blogs too, not able to comment from my iPhone:) HAppy Sailing!