Friday, October 18, 2013


FRIDAY: Oct 18: So here we are when we were sailing out at sea last Monday and Tuesday.  None the worse for it.  The outboard is hanging off the rail and inside for better weight distribution and Tweety, the dinghy, is way up high on the davits to avoid getting hit by high waves when we surf down the big ones.  The yellow strap around the nav station is the binocular strap to look at boats.  We saw two.
  At all times at the station we see radar, water temp 63, depth of the ocean usually 300',  boat speed -averaged about 6.5 k, wind speed up to 30k this trip, wind direction - directly from NW behind us, longitude and latitude, length of time and distance to the next way point that we have put into the navionics system, cross track error - that is if we go off course how much have we gone off.  For instance if we are headed near a fishing boat we have to alter course and go around them or a large cargo ship in shipping lanes. 
  At one point I started getting stir crazy so I put on my earbuds for the Ipod music, put on Motown and sang every song as loud as I could as I danced at the helm.  The waves, Drew and Mazu were my audience for my acapella performance.  To me I sounded great.


No comments: