Friday, March 31, 2017

Up the mast - my favorite fix

The toilet now works completely and we have learned that we should put vinegar down the hoses to keep them clean and clear.

Drew is busy with his office moving to Bedford, New Hampshire from Auburn in April.  Furniture to order, decorating, image to portray, lots of decisions.

Future sail plans are on hold.  I am thinking of renaming this blog the Not-sailing in a sailboat blog.

Rain day aboard.  Pretty loud, but dry in the cockpit room.


The next day we decided to try putting the a new anemometer spinner on top of the mast.  Drew hauling on the winch and me going to the top which I love.  2 ropes/halyards are on the chair, green and red, the second is a safety.  Great workout for him.

Here I am in the bosun's chair waiting to go.  You can see the tools in the pocket and the new anemometer sticking out.  I bring up my phone/camera too and text pictures down to Drew so he can see what I'm doing and if there is anything else to be fixed up there.


 At the top it's a great view and fills me up for the day.  The swinging around on the way down is fun too.  No video though with Drew cranking me down.

Nice view of the harbor.



me at the top and the anemometer

Viewing the base of the anemometer before I screwed the new one in.

View of the nearby drawbridge


View of  the inlet from the ICW into our marina protected by mangroves.  You can see a little slim sand island way out that Mazu and I go to for a swim once in a while via dinghy.   This shows a blob of sealant on the top of the anemometer too.


Looking down at Drew in cockpit, solar panels

Little video of looking around.



The next day our French Canadian neighbor had watched me go up and asked me to do the same thing for his boat.  His anemometer had conked out too.  So I went up for a drink (of water) and did him a $150 favor.  He has an electric winch so I went up pretty quickly. FUN! easier than rock climbing and I still have a view.
 You can barely see me from the ground.

Of course a picture of moon over marina one of those full moon evenings.  Looking down the lighted dock walk.


1 comment:

Sara S said...

Double mast adventures, good going! and I like your idea for a new blog title.
Lots of love, Sara S