Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Day in the cabin and misc pix


Happy Birthday to my niece, Lisa.

Here’s the truth on a nearby billboard:
LOL, only in Miami.

Today I am Sick-a-bed with cough. It feels like an anvil is on my chest.  I cut Mazu’s hair and lay down, changed the bed linens and lay down, made dinner and lay down.  Studied how to use the GO PRO 3 silver on Youtube tutorials.  Laughed at Facebook.  I have the best people on my Facebook, read Freakonomics -- an exciting day inside the cabin.

Drew changed the oil and Racore filter after 150 engine hours.  I made a mistake and said 250 hours last blog post.  Scratch that off the list.  Having beautiful weather lately with highs of 72 and lows of 52.  Nice.

The International Miami Boat Show begins Thursday.  The International Coconut Grove Art Show begins Saturday.  Since we ‘live’ here we get free tickets for every day of the Art Show. : )

Discussed pros and cons of sleeping in the aft cabin.  I like it because it’s darker, cozier, bigger, calmer, more private and quieter than the fore cabin berth.  Drew likes the fore cabin because it’s closer to the head, lighter, smaller, and he can get into bed on two sides.  We’ve always slept in the fore cabin so this winter it’s my turn to choose.

A few pix I’ve missed putting into the blog.
At Coco walk in the Grove.

On Virginia Key Beach, over the Rickenbacker (toll) Bridge , where it's pretty muddy rather than sandy.  We didn't go in after all.


A teeny, tiny crab the size of half a pinkie fingernail.  Unusual crab at Crandon Park's Marjorie Stoneman Douglas Biscayne Bay Nature Center walk.  Super camouflaged, a treat to see them scurry about from hole to hole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it called a Laughing Crab? That's what its shell looks like to this kid.

Feel better soon, Deb! Too much good stuff going on to be stuck lying down.

Sara S. said...

Laughing Crab wasn't supposed to be anonymous, it's me Sara S.