Saturday, May 23, 2015

Heading out of Coinjock, NC

While waiting I gained a new skill:  crimping, very necessary when installing new LED lights. Crimping is attaching 2 wires together with the red plastic crimped together with the jaw like tool in the picture.
 


 The stormy day produced these lines of foam in the water directly in line with the direction of the wind.


Friday morning at 6:30 am dawn we headed north.  Beautiful calm waters to motor up for 11 hours.

We motored all day and I slept because Drew gave me 2 sturgeron seasick pills that knocked me out after my 3 hour watch.  I'll stick with the patch from now on.  I only have one left.  Mazu stayed below all day and that seemed to work the best with less panting and no shaking.  So heading north and no more colorful tropics of Miami
Shawnee at slip
Usual all day view of the ICW.  We are at the dock at the Midway Marina here.
We're jumping off the dock now so I'll write when I have wifi again.  We are at mile marker 50 and Norfolk is mile marker 1 where we're headed today.

No comments: