Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Topping lift fix and BEACH DAY : )

Saturday November 7

Just a quick update on Mazu - her cyst was benign. It was a pilomatricoma.  When Drew looked it up it was basically a follicle out of control that grows.  It was the size of silver dollar and needed to come out.
  She hardly had any reaction to the 7" scar and anesthesia she experienced during day surgery.  She has to wear a collar so she won't bother the stitches for 2 weeks and a little shirt for one day.


Finally a real beach day, of course after the requred daily boat fixing - today it's the topping lift that snapped during our trip.  The line and halyard that holds up the boom .  I get to go up the mast  : ) !




   I'm sitting in the bosen's chair with 2 hauling ropes around 2 winches  - one for safety and one to haul me up.  I love holding my legs around the mast or swinging free.  I figure it's worth $150, the going rate to go up and do work.  All I have to do is grab the line, untangle it from around the radar, spreaders and shrouds, and attach it to the other end of the line with a shackle.  My birdseye view of the cockpit and the boom sitting on the bimini waiting to be lifted.

looking down at Drew.  Didn't get to go to the top.

Off to the beach:
2nd day this year for Drew.

After beach oysters 12 for $!5 at Salt Life across the street from the beach and roof top view.



No comments: